Video Games Tax Relief (VGTR)
Video Games Tax Relief is one category within Creative Industry Tax Reliefs.
Eligible video games
- Available from 1st April 2014
- The video game is British
- The video game is intended for supply
- At least 25% of core expenditure is incurred on goods or services that are provided from within the European Economic Area (EEA)
If your company qualifies to claim VGTR your company is also entitled to
- An additional deduction in computing their taxable profits
- Surrender losses for a payable tax credit where an additional deduction results in a loss
Both the additional deduction and the payable credit are calculated on the basis of EEA core expenditure up to a maximum of 80% of the total core expenditure by the video games company. Core expenditure is spending on designing, producing and testing the game. Your company may also be eligible for R&D tax credits.
To find out if you are eligible for Video Game Tax Relief (VGTR) or R&D tax credits, call us on 01332 477 070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.