Over five years (2013-2017), an English Pewter Crafter has received £241,000 in R&D tax credits with the latest claim for £69,000. The company develop and manufacture high quality, handmade products, specialising in English Pewter.
With a strong reputation for imaginative work, the company have thrived in the promotional products market with influential, high profile clients. Research and development is carried out to design, develop and produce a diverse catalogue such as bronze statues, album covers, collectable giftware and Rock ‘n’ Roll merchandise.
R&D is an important part of the company with fully equipped research & development facilities and extensive production departments. This enables the team to regularly innovate in areas such as:
- Bonding materials
- Pewter development
- Health & safety issues
- Trichloroethylene cleaning
- Forming methods
- Component & chemical use advancement
- Mould improvements
- Development of lacquers and enamels
- Jig manufacturing
- Use of lasers for cutting different materials
- Colouration of metals using different techniques
- Developing new tools
- Working with crystals
- Engraving techniques
- Rubber shrinkage
- Casting small parts
- Soldering materials & techniques
- Developing uses for new materials
On a daily basis, the team develop their own concept ranges and strive towards in-house autonomy, covering process and software development. R&D is essential for the company to compete against threats from overseas and satisfy customer needs with cost-effective, high quality solutions.
Our latest news
- Time to claim R&D tax credits: This is not a drill!
- Winner of Best Personal Brand at the British Accounting Marketing Awards 2019
- randd uk visiting the Houses of Parliament amongst Brexit debate?
- A Fantastic Total Reality Cheque for £699,000 for an Electronics Manufacturer
- A First Reality Cheque for £69K for a Defence Products Manufacturer