Examples of eligible R&D activities
- Creating or developing a new process or animation, game or app
- Developing new special effects, complex algorithms or software
- Producing interactive products with multiple operating systems
- Improving correct systems, products or processes
- Overcoming technological uncertainties at different stages of development, such as filming or editing
- Incorporating multiple languages into a product
- Developing products that are adaptable for different devices. E.g. iPad, smartphone, etc.
Case Study: Bigman
A growing total of over £16,000 (three claims in four years) in R&D tax credits for Bigman, CGI experts with a head office based in Brighton. With the aim of rewarding innovation, randd uk claim R&D tax credits from HMRC on behalf of UK businesses that are undergoing qualifying research and development activities.
Research and development is vital in an industry where technology is moving forward all the time and R&D
tax credits are an incentive by the UK government to encourage innovation.
R&D tax credits have enabled Bigman to continue with pushing boundaries and finding innovations such as virtual reality, 360 video, animation and more.