Animation Tax Relief (ATR)
Animation Tax Relief is one category within Creative Industry Tax Reliefs. Animations commissioned together are treated as one programme.
- Programme intended for broadcast
- At least 51% of the total core expenditure is on animation
- At least 10% of the total production costs relate to UK activities
- Programme passes the cultural test or qualifies as an official co-production
Your company CANNOT claim if the programme
- Is an advertisement or promotional programme
- Is a news, current affairs or discussion programme
- Is a quiz or game show, panel show, variety show, or similar programme
- Consists of, or includes an element of competition or contest
- Broadcasts live events, including theatrical and artistic performance
- Is produced for training purposes
Still unsure if you qualify? To find out if your film is eligible for Animation Tax Relief (ATR), call us on 01332 477 070 or email email@example.com.