Examples of eligible R&D activities
- Produce products more cost efficiently with high safety standards
- Overcoming issues such as weather interference and environmental concerns
- Building prototypes for trial and error purposes
- Achieve scientific or technological breakthroughs
- Developing and maintaining complex structures such as wind turbines in changing weather conditions
- Improving energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions
Case Study: Off-shore Substructures
Another second claim of £36,000 in R&D Tax Credits for an off-shore substructures company, pushing their total amount secured through randd uk to £133,000.
Since being incorporated in 1990, this company has developed and manufactured products for the installation and foundations for offshore oil and gas plants and wind turbine structures. The company has particular expertise in developing innovative ideas into highly reliable and cost effective products for use in the offshore oil and gas production substructures. R&D tax credits have enabled their work to continue and grow.