Examples of eligible R&D activities
- Creating or developing new algorithms or software
- Overcoming technical issues such as compatibility, stability, scalability and more
- Reverse engineering to access and update systems
- Bespoke projects using technologically innovative solutions
- Responding to changes and updates in software, IT and communication systems
- Making improvements in cyber security and data security
Case Study: London eCommerce Site
An eCommerce site for luxury interiors have received a total of £129K in R&D tax credits with the latest claim for £63K secured by randd uk. The London-based company provide high quality interior furnishings, sourcing products from world leading brands and unique artisans. The online shopping site incorporates technology that tailors products for shoppers based on their previous purchases and browsing history.
A team of experienced software developers and engineers are employed in-house to enhance the online shopping experience for customers in the future.